Most British universities recognise IELTS scores for their admission purposes. It is a test in 4 skills of Speaking, Listening, Reading and Writing. Following are some of the leading UK universities with IELTS (International English Language Testing System) Score requirements:
The University of Nottingham
- School of English Studies (Masters Admissions) 7.0
- Foundation Courses IELTS 5.5 (no less than 5.0 in any element)
- Medicine 7.5 (no less than 7.0 in any element)
- MBA Programmes 7.0 (no less than 6.0 in any element)
University of Oxford
- IELTS: overall score of 7.0 (with at least 7.0 in each of the four components)
University of Cambridge
- Minimum requirement: an overall band score of 7.0 with not less than 7.0 in speaking, listening and writing, and 6.5 in reading.
Imperial College London
- Equates to a C-grade at English GCSE or an IELTS score of 6.5
- 7.0 for the Life Sciences Department and the Imperial Business School
- Overall score 6.5, with no less than 6.0 in any section.
- Overall IELTS score of 7.0, with no less than 6.0 in any section (for MSc Financial Analysis and Fund Management, MSc Accounting and Finance and the MSc in Marketing)
- Research degrees 6.5
- Undergraduate study 5.0, for Second-year direct entry 5.5 (writing 5.0)
University College London
- 6.5 - 7.5 (depend on individual faculty)
Bath Spa University
- undergraduate programmes 6.0
- If English level is lower than IELTS 5.5, students should consider programme of Foundation Studies.
University of Warwick
- Minimum score of 6.5 for Postgraduate Admission
- Business School (Master of Science degree in Marketing 8.0)
- 7.0 for Classics and Ancient History; Complexity Science; Employment Research; Film and Television Studies; French Studies; Health and Social Studies; Law; etc
- English and Comparative Literary Studies 7.5
- Medical School (6.5 or equivalent with 6.5 in both reading and writing components; for MBChB: IELTS 7.0 or equivalent).
* Suggested Reading: Top UK Universities Accepting TOEFL