Founded in 1978, Regent University is a leading private Christian university located in Virginia Beach, Virginia (USA). It has seven graduate schools and one undergraduate school. The School of Undergraduate Studies offers associates and bachelor's degrees in Accounting, Business, Communication, English, Human Resource Management, International Business, Marketing, etc.
The seven graduate schools are:
- School of Law
- School of Divinity
- School of Education
- School of Global Leadership & Entrepreneurship
- School of Communication & the Arts
- School of Psychology & Counseling
- Robertson School of Government
Regent University is a member of AACSB International – the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. It offers the MBA degree programs through the School of Global Leadership & Entrepreneurship. The program is available on campus or 100% online, and it can be completed in as little as 16 months.
Accreditations and Rankings:
- The University's undergraduate online programs are ranked 2nd best nationally, based on the OEDb (Online Education Database) third annual Online College Rankings 2009. It is also ranked 1st for Student-Faculty Ratio, 2nd for Overall Online School, 3rd for Scholarly Citations, and 4th for Peer Web Citations.
- 7th among the top 41 undergraduate online degree programs in the country, according to the OEDb second annual Online College Rankings 2008.
- Placed at Tier 4 among the Best National Universities (US News & World Report 2009).
- Rated 7th in the nation for Best Quality of Life by the Princeton Review Law School Rankings 2008.
- The University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associates, baccalaureate, masters, and doctorate degrees.
- The School of Psychology & Counseling is accredited by the American Psychological Association (APA) for the Doctor of Psychology (Psy.D.) program.
- The School of Divinity is also fully accredited by the Association of Theological Schools (ATS) Commission on Accrediting in the United States and Canada.
- The Community Counseling (M.A.) and School Counseling (M.A.) programs are accredited by the Council for Accreditation of Counseling and Related Educational Programs (CACREP).
- The School of Education's educational leadership and teacher preparation programs are accredited by the Teacher Education Accreditation Council.
- The School of Law is fully accredited by the American Bar Association (ABA).
* Next: Distance B-schools in US