Following are the top schools and colleges for nutrition and dietetics programs:
Acadia University (Canada)
- The School of Nutrition and Dietetics has a long and distinguished history at Acadia. The curriculum of the four year Bachelor of Science in Nutrition degree program supports students to develop an area of interest in human nutrition or to take courses which enable them to qualify for the postgraduate training required to become a professional dietitian.
- Nutrition graduates who complete a dietetic internship are employed as community nutritionists, clinical dietitians, food service managers, etc.
McGill University (Canada)
- The School of Dietetics and Human Nutrition is the oldest teaching and research institution in Human Nutrition in Canada.
- Research expertise includes: maternal and child nutrition, Indigenous peoples’ nutrition and food safety, nutritional status & food security in developing countries, etc.
- The School offers programs leading to BSc, MSc, MSc (Applied) and PhD degrees in Dietetics or Human Nutrition.
Life University (USA)
- The University’s nutrition and dietetics programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation for Dietetics Education (CADE) of the American Dietetic Association and provide students with opportunities to complete the steps necessary to earn the Registered Dietitian (R.D.) credential.
Monash University (Australia)
- The Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics at Monash provides candidates with an appreciation of the broad scope of food in society, in-depth knowledge of nutritional and biomedical science, the role of nutrition in health and disease and practical experience in a range of healthcare settings.
- The course is accredited by the Dietitians Association of Australia (DAA) and graduates are eligible to become Accredited Practicing Dietitians (APDs).
Flinders University (Australia)
- The Bachelor of Nutrition and Dietetics prepares students to work as professional nutritionists and dietitians in a range of settings.
- The program includes a significant science component. In the first two years, this includes topics in the biological sciences, chemistry and human physiology.
- Graduates are eligible for professional membership of the DAA.
* Suggested Reading:
Best Dietitian Programs
Top Alternative Medicine Schools
Best Healthcare Management Programs
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.