Following are the top schools and colleges for Meteorology:
University of Oklahoma
- The School of Meteorology at the University of Oklahoma is the largest program in the nation. It is ranked No. 1 in the nation in mesoscale and severe storm research and is among the top seven of the nearly 100 institutions that grant degrees in atmospheric science.
- The School of Meteorology offers B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in Meteorology, as well as an M.S. in Professional Meteorology.
University of Hawai‘i at Manoa
- The Department of Meteorology has built a strong national and international reputation for research and education, offering both undergraduate (B.S.) and graduate (M.S. and Ph.D.) degree programs.
- The department is part of one of the world’s most active schools in the geosciences: the University of Hawai‘i School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology (SOEST).
- Since 1965 the University has been a member of the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.
- The VU Department of Geography and Meteorology offers undergraduate program leading to a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Meteorology.
- The Department has established an excellent relationship with the National Weather Service (NWS) and has placed students in internships at NWS forecast offices throughout the country.
- Valpo is one of 152 Midwest colleges included in The Princeton Review's "2011 Best Colleges: Region by Region".
* Suggested Reading: Top Geosciences Doctoral Programs
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.