Following are the top schools and colleges for Meteorology:
University of Oklahoma
- The School of Meteorology at the University of Oklahoma is the largest program in the nation. It is ranked No. 1 in the nation in mesoscale and severe storm research and is among the top seven of the nearly 100 institutions that grant degrees in atmospheric science.
- The School of Meteorology offers B.S., M.S., and Ph.D. degrees in Meteorology, as well as an M.S. in Professional Meteorology.
University of Hawai‘i at Manoa
- The Department of Meteorology has built a strong national and international reputation for research and education, offering both undergraduate (B.S.) and graduate (M.S. and Ph.D.) degree programs.
- The department is part of one of the world’s most active schools in the geosciences: the University of Hawai‘i School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology (SOEST).
- Since 1965 the University has been a member of the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research.
- The VU Department of Geography and Meteorology offers undergraduate program leading to a Bachelor of Science degree with a major in Meteorology.
- The Department has established an excellent relationship with the National Weather Service (NWS) and has placed students in internships at NWS forecast offices throughout the country.
- Valpo is one of 152 Midwest colleges included in The Princeton Review's "2011 Best Colleges: Region by Region".
* Suggested Reading: Top Geosciences Doctoral Programs