Wesleyan University is rated No. 3 among all National Universities & Colleges by Washington Monthly. It is one of the Top 10 Colleges in the U.S. for African Americans as Ranked by Black Enterprise magazine. According to the Forbes Magazine ranking of American colleges, Wesleyan ranked #11 among liberal arts colleges and #21 among all liberal arts colleges and national research universities.
Trinity College is a top 35 liberal arts school, according to the US News and World Report 2009. It currently offers the following majors: American Studies, Anthropology, Biology, Chemistry/Biochemistry, Classics, Computer Science, Economics, Education Studies, Engineering, English, Environmental Science, History, International Studies, etc. Trinity is ranked as one of the nation’s 50 “best value” private colleges and universities by The Princeton Review, according to a report published concurrently in USA Today.
Connecticut College is rated 31st out of the top 50 "Best Value in Private Colleges", according to the Kiplinger Personal Finance Magazine. In The Princeton Review it is rated 19th among colleges and universities for best career services/job placement.
Albertus Magnus College has been placed as one of the top 35 Northern Region Comprehensive Colleges for Bachelor's degrees.
List of leading liberal arts colleges in Connecticut (US):
- Charter Oak State College - New Britain
- Southern Connecticut State University - New Haven
- Western Connecticut State University - Danbury
- Saint Joseph College - West Hartford (woman's college)
- Trinity College - Hartford
- Wesleyan University - Middletown
- Albertus Magnus College - New Haven
- Connecticut College - New London
- Eastern Connecticut State University - Willimantic
- Central Connecticut State University - New Britain
Liberal Arts Colleges - Best Values
Top Universities in Connecticut