According to the US News Rankings of Best Undergraduate chemical engineering programs, MIT is ranked 1st in the nation, ahead of UC Berkeley (2nd) and Univ of Wisconsin Madison (3rd).
California Institute of Technology
- placed 6th for chemical engineering. Caltech is ranked 7th nationally in the US News & World Report's Graduate Engineering Ranking 2010......
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
- placed 8th for its chemical engineering program. According to the Shanghai Jiao Tong University Ranking of Top 100 World Universities in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences, Engineering at Illinois was ranked 3rd gloablly in 2007......
Georgia Institute of Technology
- placed 12th nationally among the top chemical engineering schools. 10 of Georgia Tech’s 11 programs ranked in the top 10 including: Industrial (No.1), biomedical (No. 2), aerospace (No. 4),......
Pennsylvania State University
- placed 16th in the league table. According to the America's Best Graduate Schools 2010 Penn State is placed in the Top 10 for the following disciplines: 5th in Industrial/Manufacturing Engineering, 7th in Nuclear Engineering, 8th in Materials, and 9th in Biological/Agricultural Engineering.
Best Colleges Specialty Rankings
- Undergraduate Chemical Engineering:
1 Massachusetts Institute of Technology Cambridge, MA
2 University of California--Berkeley
3 University of Wisconsin--Madison
4 University of Minnesota--Twin Cities
5 Stanford University
6 California Institute of Technology
7 University of Texas--Austin
8 University of Illinois--Urbana-Champaign
9 University of Delaware
10 University of Michigan--Ann Arbor
11 Princeton University
12 Georgia Institute of Technology
13 Purdue University--West Lafayette
14 Carnegie Mellon University
15 Cornell University
16 Pennsylvania State University--University Park
17 University of California--Santa Barbara
18 Northwestern University
19 University of Virginia
20 Johns Hopkins University
North Carolina State University--Raleigh
University of Florida
University of Pennsylvania
24 Texas A&M University--College Station
Source: US News & World Report 2009