University of East London (UEL) is a modern university with two main campuses in East London: The Stratford Campus and The Docklands Campus. It is one of the top ten post-1992 universities in the UK for research.
The university has eight schools:
- School of Architecture & the Visual Arts
- Cass School of Education
- School of Psychology
- School of Computing, Information Technology and Engineering
- School of Health and Bioscience
- School of Social Sciences, Media and Cultural Studies
- Business School
- School of Law
Rankings and Ratings:
- top ranked modern university in London for Civil Engineering, placed 8th in the UK (Guardian league tables 2010).
- ranked first among all UK universities for spend on facilities per student by The Times University Guide 2007.
- 58th in the Times Ranking of Hospitality; Leisure; Sport; Recreation and Tourism Programs 2009.
- 68th in the RAE (Research Assessment Exercise) 2008 ratings.
- 40th in Civil Engineering (Times 2008).
- According to the Complete University Guide, UEL is ranked 93rd in 2008, 105th in 2009 and 106th in 2010.
- According to the The Times Good University Guide, it is ranked 93rd in 2007 and 99th in 2008 and 109th in 2009.
- In the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise (RAE), 78% of its research submission was rated as at least of ‘internationally recognised’ quality. It is now placed among the top 3 modern (post-1992) universities in London for research, and in the top 10 modern universities in the UK, according to the Times Higher Education Table of Excellence.
* Popular Post: Top Universities in England