The University of Glasgow is one of the leading ancient universities of Scotland. It has been named Scottish University of the Year by the Sunday Times newspaper. Glasgow has been named as a Top 20 UK University by Guardian and The Times. It is one of only three Scottish institutions included the world's top 100 by THES 2008 (placed 2nd in Scotland and 11th in the UK).
University Ranking Achievements:
- 19th in the UK and 83rd in the world (THES World University Rankings 2007). In 2008 Glasgow moved up the world rankings to 73rd globally.
- 31st in Sunday Times University Ranking 2008.
- rated 103rd in the world by Webometrics 2008.
- 19th nationally in the Times Good University Guide 2010.
- 26th nationally in the Independent Complete University Guide 2010.
- 17th in Guardian University Guide 2010.
- 2nd in Scotland and 15th in the United Kingdom, according to the Times Higher Education Supplement National Student Survey ratings for 2007.
- Glasgow MBA programme ranked 75th out of the 100 top programmes in the world (Economist Intelligence Unit 2007). University of Glasgow Business School is also fully accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- 33rd out of 132 UK institutions in the RAE (Research Assessment Exercise) 2008. 33 subject areas have the majority of their profile classified as world-leading or internationally excellent. A total of 14 subjects are rated top 10 in the country including Cardiovascular Medicine, Infection and Immunology, Dentistry, Allied Health Professions (Nursing), Physics, Computer Science and Informatics, Electrical and Electronic Engineering, Town and Country Planning, Library and Information Management, Psychology, European Studies, Celtic Studies, English Language and Literature and Drama, Dance and Performing Arts.
* Next Post: Top Universities in UK