Ratings and Ranking Profile:
- Consistently ranked in the Top 6 for graduate starting salaries in the UK (The Times 2010).
- According to the Complete University Guide, it is ranked 112th in 2008, 113rd in 2009 and 2010.
- 80% of students were satisfied with the overall quality of their course in the 2009 National Student Survey.
- Placed in the top 10 for graduate starting salaries for the last four years running (Sunday Times University Guide 2008).
- 7th for graduate starting salaries in the UK (Sunday Times 2007).
- The university was voted 'Best Value in London' for student accommodation (i-Graduate 2007).
- It has the best library for Learning in London (i-Graduate 2007).
- 68th out of 132 institutions in the RAE (Research Assessment Exercise) 2008, ahead of other leading modern universities such as Oxford Brookes University (72nd), Nottingham Trent University (78th) and Univ. of Northumbria at Newcastle (81st).
- 66th for Computer Science & Informatics (RAE 2008).
- Ranked as one of the leading modern (post-1992) universities for research in the RAE 2008:
- Rated the leading post-1992 university in the country for research in Social Policy, with 15% of Social Policy research graded as "world leading".- 6th for Librarianship and Information Management, 52nd for Hospitality, Leisure, Recreation, Sport and Tourism degree courses (The Times Good University Guide 2009).
- General Engineering submission is ranked joint 16th in the nation and No. 3 among all post-1992 institutions.
- Rated 38th in the People and Planet Green League 2009, moving up 18 places from previous year, the University has been awarded an Upper Second Class (2:1) for its environmental performance. It is placed joint 3rd in London with King’s College and Queen Mary’s; and ranked above UCL and Imperial College.
* Suggested Reading: Best Modern Universities in UK