The university has four Schools:
- Business School
- School of Arts and Education
- School of Engineering & Information Sciences
- School of Health and Social Sciences
Rankings and Ratings:
- 88th out of 113 institutions in the Complete University Guide 2010 (placed 82nd in 2009).
- 106th out of 117 institutions in the Guardian University Guide 2010 (placed 108th in 2009).
- 105th in The Times Good University Guide 2009 and 2010.
- 75th nationally in the Research Assessment Exercise 2008.
- 77% of research submitted was rated as ‘internationally recognised’ (2* or above) in the RAE 2008.
- In the RAE 2008, it is ranked in the top five new universities in the UK for the following subjects:
- Philosophy (1st among post-92 universities).
- Business and Management (2nd among post-92 universities, 38th out of 90 institutions in the Research Fortnight ‘power rankings’).
- Geography and Environmental Studies (4th among post-92 universities).
- Social Work and Social Policy (including Criminology, Sociology and International Relations) (5th among post-92 universities and ahead of Brunel, Goldsmiths and Southampton).
- History of Art, Architecture and Design (1st among post-92 universities, 14th in the Research Fortnight ‘power rankings’, and ahead of Warwick, Sussex, Essex, Nottingham and Bristol).
- Drama, Dance and Performing Arts (2nd among post-92 universities, 14th out of 40 in the Research Fortnight ‘power rankings’ and ahead of Kings, Leeds, St Andrews and Surrey).
- Awarded a Queen's Award for Enterprise: International Trade in 2003.
- Awarded Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Work Based Learning in 1996.
- Awarded Queen's Anniversary Prizes for Technology Education in 1998.
- Awarded Queen's Anniversary Prizes for the Flood Hazard Research Centre in 2000.
- Middlesex University Business School is rated as a "Centre of excellence" by the CIPD (Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development).
- It is the No. 1 London University for employment (International Student Barometer, Autumn 2007).
* Suggested Reading: Top New Universities in UK