Teesside University is a leading new university located in Middlesbrough, England (UK), rated as one of the top 10 modern universities for graduate prospects.
The University has six schools:
- School of Arts & Media
- Teesside Business School
- School of Health & Social Care
- School of Computing
- School of Science & Technology
- School of Social Sciences & Law
Rankings and Ratings:
- 69th in the Guardian University Guide 2010, moving up from 81st in 2009.
- 81st in The Times Good University Guide 2010, moving up from 88th in 2009.
- 92nd in the Complete University Guide 2010, moving up from 102nd in 2009.
- ranked top for the support offered to students in the International Student Barometer (ISB). International students rated Teesside top out of 93 universities throughout the UK and Europe for employability prospects, careers advice, financial support, and accommodation support.
- English, Law and Art & Design are rated in the top 25% of student satisfaction nationally, according to the National Student Survey (September 2005).
- ranked top for Mechanical Engineering (Guardian, 2009).
- named best modern university in North East England and gained a Top 20 score in The Times Higher Education Supplement for overall student satisfaction.
- Nearly 70% of research was classed as being of international quality or above (in Grades 2*, 3* and 4*) in the RAE 2008. It has achieved good results for other subject areas:
- 85% of Computing in the top three grades for research quality.
- 80% of History in the top three grades for research quality.
- Given 'Excellence' ratings by the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) in Physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Diagnostic Radiography/Medical Ultrasound programmes and the Nursing, Midwifery and Health Sciences programmes. It also gained 'excellence' rating for teaching quality in Art & Design, computer science, history, social work, sport and exercise, electrical and electronic engineering, and the Foundation Degree in chemical technology.
- No. 1 among New Universities and placed in the top 20 for graduate further study or employment in The Times Good University Guide 2005.
- 89th in the Financial Times Ranking 2003.
- 80th in The Push League Table 2008.
- 37th for Art and Design, 45th for Hospitality and Tourism Programs (Times 2009).
* Next: UK Universities Ranking Profile
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.