The University of Northampton (Formerly known as Nene College of Higher Education and then University College Northampton) is a modern UK university with courses rated highly for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey.
Northampton has the following six schools:
- The Arts
- Applied Sciences
- Social Sciences
The School of Education is the largest provider of teacher training in the country.
Rankings and Ratings:
- The Psychology Divison was ranked 15th nationally for student satisfaction in the National Student Survey (NSS) 2008.
- Northampton Business School (NBS) was rated 18th out of 81 institutions for its business subjects surveyed for NSS 2006. It was placed in the top 10% ranking for 'Quality of Teaching'. This places Northampton ahead of other new universities such as Nottingham Trent, Leeds Metropolitan, Manchester Metropolitan, DeMontfort, Sheffield Hallam, Oxford Brookes and Bedfordshire.
- Placed 41st in the Green League of university's environmental performance 2007.
- According to the Times Good University Guide, it is placed 82nd in 2008 and 84th in 2009.
- According to the Guardian University Guide, it is placed 92nd in 2008, 79th in 2009 and 100th in 2010.
- According to the Complete University Guide, it is placed 95th in 2008, 93rd in 3009 and 104th in 2010.
- 98th in The Push League Table 2008.
- 96th in the Daily Telegraph University Ranking (2007).
- 61st in the Times Ranking of UK Hospitality; Leisure; Sport; Recreation and Tourism Programs 2009.
- 48th for Drama, Dance and Cinematics, 54th for History Degree Courses (Times 2009).
* Next: Top New Universities in UK