The California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) is a top public coeducational university and one of only six polytechnic universities nationwide.
It is a member of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) and a "University of Excellence" according to the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges.
The university has the following Colleges:
- College of Agriculture
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education and Integrative Studies
- College of Engineering
- College of Environmental Design
- College of the Extended University
- The Collins College of Hospitality Management
- College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
- College of Science
Accreditations and Rankings:
- Placed at Tier 1 and rated 32nd among the best Master's universities in the west (U.S. News & World Report America’s Best Colleges 2010).
- The Engineering program was ranked 5th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in the “Universities-Master’s” category for public universities and 12th overall in 2009.
- 31st among Western Colleges in the U.S. News & World Report's 2006 college ranking.
- The Engineering program was rated 5th nationally among the best public undergraduate engineering programs, and 14th overall (USNWR 2006).
- The Architecture undergraduate program was placed 15th nationally by the journal DesignIntelligence in the 2008 edition of "America's Best Architecture & Design Schools".
- Named one of the "Best of the West" by The Princeton Review.
- 9th among the Top Landscape Architecture Schools by Design Intelligence (2006).
- The university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, or WASC.
- The College of Business is accredited by the prestigious AACSB International at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- The Bachelor of Science program is fully accredited by the Computer Science Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).