The California State Polytechnic University, Pomona (Cal Poly Pomona) is a top public coeducational university and one of only six polytechnic universities nationwide.
It is a member of the American Association of State Colleges and Universities (AASCU) and a "University of Excellence" according to the National Association of State Universities and Land-Grant Colleges.
The university has the following Colleges:
- College of Agriculture
- College of Business Administration
- College of Education and Integrative Studies
- College of Engineering
- College of Environmental Design
- College of the Extended University
- The Collins College of Hospitality Management
- College of Letters, Arts, and Social Sciences
- College of Science
Accreditations and Rankings:
- Placed at Tier 1 and rated 32nd among the best Master's universities in the west (U.S. News & World Report America’s Best Colleges 2010).
- The Engineering program was ranked 5th in the nation by U.S. News & World Report in the “Universities-Master’s” category for public universities and 12th overall in 2009.
- 31st among Western Colleges in the U.S. News & World Report's 2006 college ranking.
- The Engineering program was rated 5th nationally among the best public undergraduate engineering programs, and 14th overall (USNWR 2006).
- The Architecture undergraduate program was placed 15th nationally by the journal DesignIntelligence in the 2008 edition of "America's Best Architecture & Design Schools".
- Named one of the "Best of the West" by The Princeton Review.
- 9th among the Top Landscape Architecture Schools by Design Intelligence (2006).
- The university is accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, or WASC.
- The College of Business is accredited by the prestigious AACSB International at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
- The Bachelor of Science program is fully accredited by the Computer Science Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.