California State University, Fresno (Fresno State) is a top tier Master's University located at the northeast edge of Fresno, California, USA. It was founded as Fresno State Normal School in 1911.
The university is accredited by the California Board of Education and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. The Sid Craig School of Business at California State University Fresno is accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB). The Lyles College of Engineering is ABET accredited.
California State University, Fresno has the following Schools & Colleges:
- College of Arts and Humanities
- Jordan College of Agricultural Sciences and Technology
- Craig School of Business
- Kremen School of Education and Human Development
- Lyles College of Engineering
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Science and Mathematics
- College of Social Sciences
- Division of Continuing and Global Education
- Division of Graduate Studies
- Placed at Tier 1, ranked 38th among the best Master's Universities in the West, according to the 2010 edition of “America’s Best Colleges” from U.S. News & World Report.
- California State University, Fresno was named one of the Top 100 Entrepreneurial Colleges and Universities in the nation, in the May 2004 issue of Entrepreneur magazine. It is placed in the first tier of the list of the top 50 regionally recognized academic programs in the country.
- Listed in The Princeton Review 2009 "Best 282 Business Schools".
- 17th in the US News Ranking of Rehabilitation Counseling Programs (2008).
- Craig School (MBA) is a top-45 business school in the nation (The Princeton Review).
- The Rehabilitation Counseling Program was placed among the top 20 in the country (U.S. News & World Report’s 2004 rankings on “America’s Best Graduate Schools”).
- 24th in the Best Business Schools Rankings - Finance (Princeton Review 2008).
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.