Founded in 1956, Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU) is the second-oldest institution of higher learning in Hong Kong. The university has been placed among the Top 100 in Asia and Top 400 in the world by the prestigious Times Higher Education-QS World University Rankings.
HKBU has the following Faculties and Schools:
- Faculty of Arts
- Faculty of Science
- Faculty of Social Sciences
- School of Business
- School of Communication
- School of Chinese Medicine
- School of Continuing Education
- Academy of Visual Arts
- Graduate School
The Faculty of Arts consists of five departments: Chinese Language and Literature, English Language and Literature, Music, Religion and Philosophy, Language Centre. The Faculty of Science has the following departments: Biology, Chemistry, Computer Science, Mathematics, and Physics.
The School of Business is a leading provider of quality business education, it offers the first MBA programme in HK with a China business focus, and the first taught MSc programme in HK in corporate governance. The School consists of the following Departments: Accountancy & Law, Economics, Finance & Decision Sciences, Management, and Marketing.
The School of Communication was founded in September 1991 with one academy and two academic departments: Academy of Film , Dept. of Communication Studies and Dept. of Journalism.
The School of Continuing Education (SCE) has been providing professional training and academic advancement to people of all ages. It has also provided various degree programmes collaboratively with overseas institutions.
- Placed in the top 50 in the 2010 QS (Quacquarelli Symonds) Asian University Rankings, ranked 45th, which is 28 places higher than last year (73rd).
- 307th globally in the Times Higher Education - QS World University Rankings 2009.
- 69th in Asia and 552nd in the world in the Webometrics Ranking of World Universities in July 2009.
- 44th in Asia (Webometrics Ranking 2008).
* Suggested Reading: Top Universities in Hong Kong