CQUniversity Australia (formerly known as Central Queensland University) is a leading public university based in Queensland, with a number of campuses and learning centres located in different areas. It was founded in Rockhampton in 1967 as the Queensland Institute of Technology (Capricornia). It became 'CQUniversity' in 2008.
The University has two faculties:
- Arts, Business, Informatics and Education
- Sciences, Engineering and Health
It offers a wide range of programs in the areas of Built Environment and Design; Business and Tourism; Creative and Performing Arts; Engineering and Technology; Health and Recreation; Humanities and Social Sciences; Information Technology; etc.
CQUniversity has a number of research centres and research institute: Centre for Environmental Management; Centre for Railway Engineering; Centre for Social Science Research; Primary Industries Research Centre; and Institute for Sustainable Regional Development.
Awards and Rankings:
- Placed among Australia's top 3 universities for providing wide access to people of all backgrounds and its graduates are at the top of the earnings ladder (The Good Universities Guide 2010). It received 5 stars for Access as well as Graduate Starting Salaries; and 4 stars for Positive Graduate Outcomes.
- Awarded 5 stars for Cultural Diversity, International Enrolment, Graduate Starting Salary, and Access by Equity Groups (The Good Univ Guide 2009).
- Named the No. 1 destination and largest provider in the country for international students studying in Australia (Term 1 2006) by IDP Education Australia (2006).
- Ranked 28th out of 38 Universities in Science (Melbourne Institute’s 2006 rankings of Australian universities).
- Awarded the 2006 regional exporter of the year award for education.
* Suggested Reading: Top Universities of Australia
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.