Edith Cowan University (ECU) is a large multi-campus institution located in Perth, Western Australia. It is a member of the National Unified System of Australian Universities, the Australian Vice-Chancellors Committee, and the Association of Commonwealth Universities. ECU offers a wide range of courses in Business; Communications & Arts; Engineering & Technology; Law & Justice; Nursing; Teacher Education; and more. The university's programmes are also audited by the Australian Universities Quality Agency (AUQA).
The university has the following Faculties and Schools:
- Faculty of Regional Professional Studies
- Faculty of Business and Law (School of Accounting, Finance and Economics; School of Law and Justice; School of Management; School of Marketing, Tourism and Leisure; Perth Graduate School of Business).
- Faculty of Computing, Health and Science (School of Computer and Security Science; School of Engineering
School of Exercise, Biomedical and Health Sciences; School of Natural Sciences; School of Nursing,; Midwifery and Postgraduate Medicine; School of Psychology and Social Science).
- Faculty of Education and Arts (Kurongkurl Katitjin; School of Communications and Arts; School of Education; Western Australian Academy of Performing Arts).
The School of Accounting, Finance and Economics has been placed in the top 10 nationally for the quantity and quality of its published research.
The Faculty of Business and Law has received professional recognition from CPA Australia; Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia; National Institute of Accountants; Institute of Internal Auditors; Australian Computer Society (ACS); Australian Marketing Institute; Australian Human Resources Institute(AHRI); Australian Market and Social Research Society; Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK); Leisure Association UK; Australia and New Zealand Association of Leisure Studies; Parks and Leisure Australia; Sport Management Association of Australia and New Zealand Inc (SMAANZ).
Perth Graduate School of Business offers a top rated Master of Business Administration (MBA) and an MBA (International) program. Disciplines offered include: Commercial & Industrial Law; Computer Security; Finance; Health Services Management; Hospitality & Tourism; Information Systems; International Business; and more. The program can be completed in 1.5 years full time or part time equivalent.
- The Faculty of Business and Law is rated the 10th best business school in Australia (Ranking Web of World Business Schools, July 2009).
- Rated as a five star Teaching Quality University and its MBA is awarded a 5-star rating for Corporate Links and 5-star for the Academic Qualifications of its teaching staff (The Good Universities Guide 2009).
- Received a four star rating for its MBA course (The Graduate Management Association of Australia 2009).
- The MBA (International) program received a 5 star rating in the "Good Universities Guide 2004" in areas of academic qualification.
* Suggested Reading: New Generation Universities