Founded in 1958, Florida Institute of Technology (Florida Tech) is a top private independent technical university located in Melbourne, Florida (USA). The university is a member of the Independent Colleges and Universities of Florida, the American Council on Education, the College Entrance Examination Board and the American Society for Engineering Education.
The university is divided into six colleges:
- College of Aeronautics
- College of Engineering
- College of Business
- College of Psychology and Liberal Arts
- College of Science
- University College
Accreditations and Rankings:
- Placed among the top 15% of America’s colleges, according to Forbes Study.
- Named one of the top 13 technical institutions in engineering in the Fiske Guide to Colleges.
- Rated a “Best Buy” in College Education by Barron's Guide.
- Princeton Review has named Florida Tech a “Best in the Southeast” institution in its Web site feature 2010 Best Colleges: Region by Region.
- Florida Tech's ROTC program is ranked No. 1 in the country (Washington Monthly College Rankings).
- Placed at Tier 3 among the best national universities in the US News & World Report's 2007 college ranking guide.
- Ranked as one of the nation’s top 18 engineering technical institutes by the Fiske Guide to Colleges in 2009.
- Rated as one of the top private universities in Florida (Washington Monthly College Rankings).
- Ranked by the American Physical Society as among the top 5% of all U.S. institutions awarding BS degrees to women in physics.
- Ranked as one of the best national doctoral universities in the country by U.S. News & World Report for 17 consecutive years.
- The College is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools (SACS).
- The Engineering programs are accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of the Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology (ABET).
- The Computer Science program is accredited by the Computer Science Accreditation Commission of the Computing Sciences Accreditation Board.
- The chemistry program is accredited by the Committee on Professional Training of the American Chemical Society.
- The Aeronautical Science and Aviation Management programs are accredited by the Council on Aviation Accreditation.
* Next: University of Florida Distance MBA