Australian universities are ranked among the very best in the world for Engineering. Some of the reputable engineering universities in Australia are University of Melbourne, UNSW, ANU, University of Sydney and Monash. These are the top 5 schools in Australia and in the top 50 globally for Engineering & IT in THE - QS World University Rankings 2009.
World's Top Universities for Engineering/Technology (Australian list):
Rank, Institution, (World Rank)
1 University of Melbourne (29)
2 UNSW (33)
3 U of Sydney (40)
4 ANU (42)
5 Monash (50)
6 U of Queensland (61)
7 RMIT (97)
8 Queensland University of Technology (104)
9 U of Adelaide (127)
10 University of Technology, Sydney (129)
11 University of Western Australia (131)
12 University of Newcastle (191)
13 Curtin (195)
14 Wollongong (207)
15 Macquarie University (271)
16 University of South Australia (276)
Source: QS Intelligence Unit 2009 (www.topuniversities.com)
Australian universities are also placed in the world's top 100 in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences by the Academic Ranking of World Universities (2009). University of Melbourne, UNSW and University of Sydney are placed in the range of 51-77th globally in the subject area.
University of Technology, Sydney
- UTS:Engineering has a graduate employment rate of 95% (Graduate Destination Survey 2008 conducted by the Graduate Careers Council of Australia).
- It has been included in Band A1 for teaching and learning by the Australian Government.
- It is rated 120th out of 10,000 engineering faculties worldwide by the Times Higher Education Supplement 2008.
- It has established world-leading remotely accessible laboratories which enable 24/7 access via the internet to foster word-class research in a variety of areas of Engineering.
University of Wollongong
- The Faculty of Engineering is comprised of three Schools: Civil, Mining and Environmental Engineering (CME); Mechanical, Materials and Mechatronic Engineering (MMM) and Engineering Physics.
- The degree programs are accredited by Engineers Australia, the Professional Engineering body in Australia.
- Undergraduate degrees offered include the Bachelor of Engineering; Bachelor of Medical and Radiation Physics Advanced; Bachelor of Medical and Radiation Physics; Bachelor of Science (Materials); Bachelor of Science (Nuclear Science and Technology); etc.
- Postgraduate degrees offered include the Master of Rolling Stock Engineering; Master of Medical Radiation Physics; Master of Engineering Asset Management; etc.
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.