Following are some of the Top Engineering Colleges in Europe:
Imperial College London (UK)
- 2nd in Europe and 6th in the World in the 2009 Times Higher Education Supplement World University Rankings for Engineering and IT Universities.
- Departments in the Faculty of Engineering include Aeronautics; Bioengineering; Chemical Engineering and Technology; Civil and Environmental Engineering; Computing; Earth Science and Engineering; Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Institute of Biomedical Engineering; Materials; Mechanical Engineering.
ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (Switzerland)
- No.1 in Switzerland and Top 10 in the world for Engineering/Technology (THE-QS 2009).
- A founding member of the IDEA League and the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU).
Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- 1st in the country and 45th among the world's top universities for Engineering/Technology (THE-QS 2009).
- One of the best ranked universities in Germany with several Nobel Laureates and many other prestigious awards.
Polytechnic University of Milan (Italy)
- It is the oldest university in Milan, established in 1863.
- Ranked as one of the most outstanding European universities in Engineering, Architecture and Industrial Design.
Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden)
- Highly regarded as one of the best technical universities in Sweden.
- 2nd in the country (behind KTH-Royal Institute of Technology) and 56th in Europe for Engineering and IT (THE-QS 2009).
Helsinki University of Technology (TKK) (Finland)
- It is the oldest university of technology in Finland, founded in 1849 and received university status in 1908.
- Placed among the top 100 engineering universities in Europe by THES (2009).
Technical University of Denmark (Denmark)
- Regarded as a leading technical university in northern Europe.
- Recognized internationally as a leading university in the areas of technology.
Delft University of Technology (Netherlands)
- It is the largest technical university in the country and is a member of the IDEA League.
- Placed amongst the top 15 universities in the world in the field of technology according to the Times Higher Education ranking 2009.
* Next Post: Top 100 European Universities
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.