Following are some of the Top Engineering Colleges in Europe:
Imperial College London (UK)
- 2nd in Europe and 6th in the World in the 2009 Times Higher Education Supplement World University Rankings for Engineering and IT Universities.
- Departments in the Faculty of Engineering include Aeronautics; Bioengineering; Chemical Engineering and Technology; Civil and Environmental Engineering; Computing; Earth Science and Engineering; Electrical and Electronic Engineering; Institute of Biomedical Engineering; Materials; Mechanical Engineering.
ETH Zurich (Swiss Federal Institute of Technology (Switzerland)
- No.1 in Switzerland and Top 10 in the world for Engineering/Technology (THE-QS 2009).
- A founding member of the IDEA League and the International Alliance of Research Universities (IARU).
Technical University of Munich (Germany)
- 1st in the country and 45th among the world's top universities for Engineering/Technology (THE-QS 2009).
- One of the best ranked universities in Germany with several Nobel Laureates and many other prestigious awards.
Polytechnic University of Milan (Italy)
- It is the oldest university in Milan, established in 1863.
- Ranked as one of the most outstanding European universities in Engineering, Architecture and Industrial Design.
Chalmers University of Technology (Sweden)
- Highly regarded as one of the best technical universities in Sweden.
- 2nd in the country (behind KTH-Royal Institute of Technology) and 56th in Europe for Engineering and IT (THE-QS 2009).
Helsinki University of Technology (TKK) (Finland)
- It is the oldest university of technology in Finland, founded in 1849 and received university status in 1908.
- Placed among the top 100 engineering universities in Europe by THES (2009).
Technical University of Denmark (Denmark)
- Regarded as a leading technical university in northern Europe.
- Recognized internationally as a leading university in the areas of technology.
Delft University of Technology (Netherlands)
- It is the largest technical university in the country and is a member of the IDEA League.
- Placed amongst the top 15 universities in the world in the field of technology according to the Times Higher Education ranking 2009.
* Next Post: Top 100 European Universities