Victoria University (VU) is one of the largest universities based in Melbourne, Australia. It is a multi-sector institution offering qualifications in vocational education (TAFE), short courses and higher education. The University is a member of the SAP University Alliances since 1998 and the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU).
The University has three Higher Education faculties: Faculty of Arts, Education and Human Development; Faculty of Business and Law; Faculty of Health, Engineering and Science.
VU Faculty of Business and Law has five schools: Accounting; Economics and Finance; Hospitality, Tourism and Marketing; Law; and Management and Information Systems. The undergraduate Accounting courses are professionally accredited by CPA Australia, the Institute of Chartered Accountants in Australia, the National Institute of Accountants and the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants.
Victoria University has a number of Research Centres and Institutes such as the Centre for Ageing, Rehabilitation, Exercise and Sport Science (CARES); Centre for Telecommunications and Micro-Electronics (CTME); Centre for Tourism and Services Research (CTSR); Work-based Education Research Centre (WERC); Centre for Environmental Safety and Risk Engineering (CESARE); Centre for Strategic Economic Studies (CSES); Institute for Logistics and Supply Chain Management (ILSCM); Institute for Community, Ethnicity and Policy Alternatives (ICEPA); Institute for Sustainability and Innovation (ISI).
Ratings and Rankings:
- Victoria University received the maximum 5-star rating from graduates for the development of generic skills and for staff-to-student radio (Good Universities Guide 2008).
- Placed among the Top 20 Universities with good teaching standards and performance in a survey by The Australian, 2006.
- Awarded five stars rating from graduates for their educational experience (Good Univ Guide 2005 and 2006).
- 31st overall among the Best Science and Technology Schools (Asiaweek ranking 2000).
* Suggested Reading: Top Universities in Melbourne (Australia)
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.