Want to pursue a degree in finance from accredited distance learning schools? Following are the reputable schools with degree offerings in the field of finance:
University of London External System (UK)
- The BSc Banking and Finance degree programme has been developed by academics at The London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE). The degree consists of 12 units when taken through the Standard Route and 9 units through the Graduate Entry Route.
- Candidates have between 3-8 years to complete the programme.
- It also offers the "Diploma for Graduates in Finance" for graduates of any discipline who wish to secure a stand-alone qualification in finance. It takes 1-5 years to complete the programme.
The ifs School of Finance (UK)
- It offers the Foundation Degree in Financial Markets and Management (FdSc).
- The programme can be studied at an approved provider; through distance learning or flexible learning.
- The ifs Awards and Curriculum has been approved by the Qualifications and Curriculum Authority (QCA).
- The School is a registered charity incorporated by Royal Charter.
Penn Foster College (USA)
- It offers the Associate Degree in Finance by distance learning, no classroom needed.
- Penn Foster College is licensed by the Arizona State Board for Private Postsecondary Education and is authorized to award Associate of Science and Bachelor of Science Degrees. It is accredited by the Accrediting Commission of the Distance Education and Training Council (DETC).
University of East London (UK)
- It offers the BA (Hons) Business Management (Finance) by distance learning or home study basis. Candidates can take up to eight years to complete.
- There is no entry qualifications needed to start on a module.
- UEL is rated in the top 10 UK modern universities for research (www.educationguardian.co.uk).
The Open University (UK)
- It offers the Foundation Degree in Financial Services.
- Students will learn about basic concepts such as financial planning, portfolio management, investment classes and techniques.
- The Open University is ranked 2nd among the 258 UK institutions taking part in the National Student Survey, published in September 2008.
* Next: MSc Finance Distance Learning