Following are accredited universities offering online or distance learning Master degree programs:
Open University (UK)
- It offers a wide range of distance learning courses including postgraduate certificate or diploma and full masters degree.
- Taught masters degrees are offered in a broad range of subject areas such as Arts and Humanities; Business and Management; Childhood and Youth; Computing and ICT; Education; Engineering and Technology; Environment, Development and International Studies; etc.
- Qualifications awarded by the Open University are recognised by academic institutions around the world.
The University of Edinburgh (UK)
- The University offers a range of online, part-time postgraduate programmes .
- Online distance learning programmes include LLM in Intellectual Property Law; LLM in Medical Ethics and the Law; MEd Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages; MEd Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages; MSc in Health Informatics; and more.
- The distance learning courses are delivered via eSCRIPT.
- It is the Scotland's top ranked research University. In the RAE 2008 it is placed among the top 5 in the UK and Number One in Scotland by volume of 4* “world-leading” research.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) (USA)
- Rensselaer is America’s oldest technological research university.
- It offers the following degree programs via distance: MEng in Computer and Systems Engineering; MS in Computer Science; MEng in Electrical Engineering with a Concentration in Microelectronics; MS in Human-Computer Interaction; MS in Information Technology; MS in Management.
- In 1993 it was named Best Distance Learning Program-Higher Education by the US Distance Learning Association.
University of Southern Queensland (USQ) (Australia)
- It offers a wide range of postgraduate courses by distance education. Distance Master degrees offered include Master of Business Administration; Master of Commerce; Master of Professional Accounting; Master of Engineering; Master of Nursing; Master of Midwifery; and many more.
- The university won the Commonwealth of Learning Award of Excellence for Institutional Achievement at the third Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning in Dunedin, New Zealand (2004).
Colorado State University (USA)
- It offers a range of Distance and Online Graduate Degrees such as the Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Education and Human Resource Studies; Master of Applied Industrial/Organizational Psychology; Master of Computer Science; etc.
- In a review by GetEducated.com, the computer science master's degree is ranked as a 2009 Computer Science Best Buy.
- The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association.
* Next: MSc Finance Distance Learning
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.