Following are accredited universities offering online or distance learning Master degree programs:
Open University (UK)
- It offers a wide range of distance learning courses including postgraduate certificate or diploma and full masters degree.
- Taught masters degrees are offered in a broad range of subject areas such as Arts and Humanities; Business and Management; Childhood and Youth; Computing and ICT; Education; Engineering and Technology; Environment, Development and International Studies; etc.
- Qualifications awarded by the Open University are recognised by academic institutions around the world.
The University of Edinburgh (UK)
- The University offers a range of online, part-time postgraduate programmes .
- Online distance learning programmes include LLM in Intellectual Property Law; LLM in Medical Ethics and the Law; MEd Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages; MEd Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages; MSc in Health Informatics; and more.
- The distance learning courses are delivered via eSCRIPT.
- It is the Scotland's top ranked research University. In the RAE 2008 it is placed among the top 5 in the UK and Number One in Scotland by volume of 4* “world-leading” research.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute (RPI) (USA)
- Rensselaer is America’s oldest technological research university.
- It offers the following degree programs via distance: MEng in Computer and Systems Engineering; MS in Computer Science; MEng in Electrical Engineering with a Concentration in Microelectronics; MS in Human-Computer Interaction; MS in Information Technology; MS in Management.
- In 1993 it was named Best Distance Learning Program-Higher Education by the US Distance Learning Association.
University of Southern Queensland (USQ) (Australia)
- It offers a wide range of postgraduate courses by distance education. Distance Master degrees offered include Master of Business Administration; Master of Commerce; Master of Professional Accounting; Master of Engineering; Master of Nursing; Master of Midwifery; and many more.
- The university won the Commonwealth of Learning Award of Excellence for Institutional Achievement at the third Pan-Commonwealth Forum on Open Learning in Dunedin, New Zealand (2004).
Colorado State University (USA)
- It offers a range of Distance and Online Graduate Degrees such as the Master of Education (M.Ed.) in Education and Human Resource Studies; Master of Applied Industrial/Organizational Psychology; Master of Computer Science; etc.
- In a review by GetEducated.com, the computer science master's degree is ranked as a 2009 Computer Science Best Buy.
- The university is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission (HLC) and is a member of the North Central Association.
* Next: MSc Finance Distance Learning