Top universities offering International Studies degree programs and courses:
Texas A&M University
- The International Studies (INTS) degree is housed in the College of Liberal Arts.
- All INTS graduates are awarded a Bachelor of Arts degree in International Studies.
- Rated as the 25th best-value public university on the basis of in-state tuition (2008 Kiplinger's Personal Finance).
University of Southern Indiana
- The International Studies Bachelor of Arts degree consists of courses offered in the College of Liberal Arts, the College of Business and the Pott College of Science and Engineering.
- Job opportunities for graduates in IS include international, government and non-government organizations, foreign trade, marketing, health administration, diplomacy, international law, foreign affairs, foreign aid, humanitarian services, defense, education, intelligence, politics, language services and journalism.
Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University (Virginia Tech)
- Virginia Tech's International Studies Program is the oldest program of its kind in the state of Virginia.
- The IS Program requires a significant amount of course work in at least one foreign language, usually French, German, Russian or Spanish.
- Students form a major field concentration around one of the degree "options" in World Politics and Policy; International Business; Environmental Affairs; and Global Development.
Virginia Commonwealth University
- It offers the Bachelor of Arts in International Studies degree. Students are encouraged to complete the course requirements for a minor in one of the following fields: anthropology, history, political science, sociology, etc.
- The University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- VCU is placed among the top 202 world universities and top 98 North and Latin American universities (ARWU 2007)
University of Oregon
- The Department of International Studies offers interdisciplinary bachelor of arts (B.A.) and master of arts (M.A.) degrees.
- The M.A. degree program can be tailored to meet the professional needs of students. Areas of professional concentration include comparative development, cross-cultural training, cultural arts, gender and development, health education and nutrition, international business, international community development, international education, international tourism, journalism, management of nongovernmental organizations and private voluntary organizations, and public policy and planning.
- The University is ranked 14th among all U.S. public universities in the number of times faculty research was cited in top scholarly journals, according to the Swiss Science and Technology Center.
University of New South Wales (Australia)
- The International Studies program at UNSW is based within the Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS). The Bachelor of International Studies is designed for graduates who are highly skilled, well informed and professionally equipped to meet the challenges of work in a rapidly changing global environment.
- Students will choose one of the following areas of specialised study: Asian Studies, Development Studies, European Studies, Global Studies, International Business, Language Studies.
- UNSW is a founding member of the global Universities 21 consortium.
Goldsmiths, University of London (UK)
- The BA (Hons) International Studies offers students an introduction to both conventional as well as interdisciplinary ways of understanding the international realm.
- Areas of employment include administration and management, central and local government, the media, research, voluntary agencies, etc.
- Ranked 45th nationally in the Times Good University Guide 2010.
* Suggested Reading:
Top Colleges for Global Studies
Top International Relations Programs
Master in International Relations by Top Schools
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.