Following are the top leading Hospitality and Tourism schools around the world:
University of Guelph (Canada)
- Guelph's School of Hospitality and Tourism Management (HTM) is rated as the top hospitality and tourism program in Canada and 21st in the world, according to a study entitled "A World Ranking of the Top 100 Hospitality and Tourism Programs", which was conducted by researchers at the University of Central Florida and is published in a 2009 issue of the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research.
- The School offers an opportunity to study hospitality courses for a semester in Hong Kong, England, Finland, Austria, Mexico and Australia.
Hong Kong Polytechnic University
- The School of Hotel and Tourism Management (SHTM) of The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU) is ranked 2nd best in the world among academic institutions in hospitality and tourism based on research and scholarship, according to a study published in the November 2009 issue of the Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Research.
- The SHTM was designated by the United Nations World Tourism Organization (UNWTO) as one of its Education and Training Network Centres in 1999.
- SHTM was the recipient of the 2003 ISTTE Institutional Award in recognition of its leadership in enhancing education and industry partnership programmes in Asia.
- In 2000, the SHTM became one of the first educational institutions to receive the UNWTO's TedQual Certification.
The University of Surrey (UK)
- Ranked 1st for Hospitality and Tourism in The Times Good University Guide 2010.
- It was the first UK centre to gain United Nations World Tourism Organization TedQual Certification.
- It holds simultaneous accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and the UNWTO.
- Ranked 1st in the UK for Tourism according to the Guardian University Guide 2010.
Iowa State University (US)
- Iowa State University's hotel, restaurant and institution management (HRIM) program is placed 15th among the world's top 100 hospitality and tourism programs, according to the Journal of Hospitality & Tourism Research (November 2009 issue). It was the only Iowa program to make the world's top 100 list, and it was placed 12th among American institutions.
Glion Institute of Higher Education (Switzerland)
- Hiring managers ranked Glion among the top 3 hospitality management schools in the world for an international career, Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS) 2007.
- Glion is recognized by the Canton of Fribourg-Switzerland.
* Suggested Reading:
Top Online Tourism & Hospitality Degree
Masters Degree in Hospitality
Ranking of Hospitality and Tourism Programs