Following are some of the best medical schools in Europe:
UCD School of Medicine & Medical Science (Ireland)
- It is Ireland's largest medical school, offering undergraduate degree programs in Medicine (direct entry and graduate entry), Physiology, Radiography and Biomedical Health & Life Sciences.
- University College Dublin (UCD) is ranked in the world's top 200 for Life Sciences & Biomedicine (#182) by QS World University Rankings™ 2009.
Uppsala University (Sweden)
- Established in 1477, Uppsala University is one of the most prestigious universities in Europe.
- The Department of Medical Sciences is the largest department within the University's Faculty of Medicine. Basic educational program contains medical studies including occupational medicine, internal medicine, clinical chemistry, clinical pharmacology, clinical physiology, nutrition, etc.
University of Copenhagen (Denmark)
- The Faculty of Medicine was founded in 1479.
- Upon successful completion of the 6 years of courses and examinations, the student is awarded the title Master of Science in Medicine (cand.med.).
The University of Zurich (Switzerland)
- It is one of the leading research universities in Europe and offers the broadest range of courses in Switzerland.
- Upon completion of the studies in medicine, students will get the Federal Medical Diploma and are entitled to be admitted to a doctorate focusing on scientific research in a specialized biomedical or clinical field.
University of Southampton (UK)
- The University of Southampton is one of the UK's top research universities. Biomedicine is a particular strength and over 70% of the School of Medicine's research was rated as World Leading or Internationally Excellent in the medically related subjects (Units of Assessment 1 – 9), placing it 4th among UK medical schools, according to the Research Assessment Exercise (RAE) 2008.
- In The Times Good University Guide published in 2005, the School of Medicine was ranked 3rd after Oxford and Cambridge out of all the UK medical schools.
* Suggested Reading:
Top 10 Medical Schools in UK
What Are the Top Medical Schools?
Russian Medical School Ranking-Top 15
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.