Tennessee Tech University (TTU) is a leading comprehensive university offering a range of undergraduate and graduate degree programs through the following academic divisions: Agricultural and Human Sciences, Arts and Sciences, Business, Education, Engineering, and Interdisciplinary Studies and Extended Education.
Tennessee Technological University is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award degrees at the associate's, bachelor's, master's, specialist, and doctoral levels. In 1970, the Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering (CEE) at TTU received its first accreditation of the Civil Engineering program by ABET.
- Ranked 34th in the College Category: Universities-Master's (South) by U.S. News Media Group (2010). TTU’s ranking is the top listing for a Tennessee public university in that category for the southern region. States included in the region are Tennessee, Kentucky, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana and Arkansas.
- Named a "Best Value College" by The Princeton Review. It is one of only three public universities in Tennessee and the only TBR institution to make the 2010 list.
- Ranked among the “Top Public Universities” by U.S.News & World Report in its 2002, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010 America's Best Colleges Guides.
- TTU is ranked a "Best Southeastern College" by The Princeton Review for 2010.
- TTU is consistently ranked as one of "America's 100 Best College Buys" by Institutional Research & Evaluation Inc., an independent research and consulting organization. It was named one of the best college educations for the cost nationwide for 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009 and 2010.
- The Princeton Review lists TTU’s College of Business as one of the “Best 301 Business Schools” in the nation in its 2010 guidebook.
- Payscale.com reports TTU degrees give grads the highest salary potential of all Tennessee public universities (2009).
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.