Following are the top leading law schools in the UK:
King's College London
- It is recognised globally as one of the UK’s top five law schools (Guardian University Guide 2010: Law).
- The School scored the highest student satisfaction rating for Law within the Russell group, a group consisting of the 20 leading British universities, in the 2008 National Student Survey (NSS).
- The School of Law at King's is home to world-renowned research centres and units including: Centre of European Law; The Centre for Technology, Law, Ethics and Society (TELOS); British Institute of Human Rights; etc.
Queen Mary, University of London
- Ranked 7th in England and third in London for Law, based on the percentage of our staff rated 3* & 4* in the 2008 Research Assessment Exercise.
- The School of Law scored an impressive 92% for student satisfaction, placing it top overall amongst University of London colleges, joint 2nd amongst the 1994 group of Universities and joint 3rd against the Russell Group of Universities (NSS 2009).
The University of Nottingham
- The School of Law is ranked among the top law schools in the UK and is one of the leading centres in the world for legal research. It was rated 4th in the UK in the RAE 2008 and has a grade of "Excellent" for teaching.
- The School is placed 5th for law in the Complete University Guide 2010.
Staffordshire Law School
- Awarded top marks by the Quality Assurance Agency and the Law Society as one of the best providers of Legal Education in the UK for undergraduate, postgraduate and professional awards.
- The Legal Practice Course is rated as 'Excellent' by the Solicitors Regulation Authority.
- Durham Law School at Durham University is one of the leading centres of legal research in the UK.
- It achieved the top rating of "Excellent" for teaching by the Quality Assurance Agency and is consistently rated as one of the top UK law schools by both the Good University Guide and the Complete University Guide.
* Suggested Reading:
UK Law School Rankings
Top Universities & LLM Programs
Distance Learning LLM Degree
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.