The University of Auckland is one of the top leading universities in New Zealand. It has the most comprehensive range of courses in the country, with strong international reputation for its excellence in research and teaching.
The University of Auckland’s Business School has three prestigious accreditations from the world's premier accrediting agencies: the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB), the European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) and the Association of MBAs (AMBA). The University’s Bachelor of Engineering BE(Hons) is officially recognised by the Institution of Professional Engineers New Zealand (IPENZ). The Bachelor of Pharmacy is accredited by the Australian Pharmacy Council. The Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBchB) is accredited by the Australian Medical Council. The Bachelor of Optometry degree is accredited by the Optometry Council of Australia and New Zealand.
- Rated 201 - 302nd globally in 2008 and 2009 in the Academic Ranking of World Universities 2009.
- Placed among the world's top 50 institutions, ranked 46th in 2006 and 50th in 2007 (THE-QS World University Rankings). In 2009 it is rated 61st globally.
- Ranked 25-42nd among the Top 100 Asia Pacific Universities (ARWU 2007).
- It has the highest level of research income of any New Zealand university according to the Government’s Performance-Based Review Fund (PBRF) report (2006).
- The University of Auckland Business School’s Department of Accounting and Finance is in the top 50 globally. It is placed 21st equal in auditing research and 41st equal in archival research in a worldwide evaluation conducted by Brigham Young University in the United States.