The University of Central Florida (UCF) is a leading public research university located in Orlando, Florida, United States. It was founded in 1963 as Florida Technological University.
UCF has the following Colleges: College of Arts and Humanities; The Burnett Honors College; College of Business Administration; College of Education; College of Engineering and Computer Science; College of Graduate Studies; College of Health and Public Affairs; College of Medicine; College of Nursing; College of Optics and Photonics; Rosen College of Hospitality Management; College of Sciences; Interdisciplinary Studies.
The College of Arts and Humanities includes the following departments: Art, Digital Media, Modern Languages & Literatures, English, Music, Film, History, Philosophy, and Theatre.
The College of Medicine offers a broad range of educational programs including undergraduate degrees in Molecular Biology and Microbiology, Biotechnology, and Medical Laboratory Sciences, as well as master’s degrees and doctor of philosophy degree.
The College of Business Administration offers degrees at the bachelor’s, master’s, doctoral, and executive levels. The college is composed of the following academic departments: Kenneth G. Dixon School of Accounting; Department of Economics; Department of Finance; Department of Management; Department of Management Information Systems; Department of Marketing; DeVos Sport Business Management; Dr. P. Phillips School of Real Estate. All undergraduate and graduate programs are accredited by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business International (AACSB).
- Placed in Tier 3 among the Best National Universities in the country (US News 2010).
- Rated 57th in Electrical Engineering graduate programs according to the 2010 U.S. News & World Report America's Best Graduate Schools.
- UCF is listed in “The Best 371 Colleges: 2010 Edition” by The Princeton Review.
- Rated 100-134th in North & Latin America (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2009).
- The Graduate School of the College of Engineering & Computer Science is ranked 86th among the top 100 engineering schools by the U.S. News 2010.
- According to the 2009 U.S. News and World Report Best Graduate School guide, the Education’s graduate program is ranked 75th. Physics was 86th, Speech-Language Pathology was 87th, and Public Administration was placed at 90th.
- 17th among Top US Business Schools for Hispanic Students (2008).
- UCF College of Business Administration is listed among the best 282 business schools by The Princeton Review (2007).