Following are some of the best ranking Industrial Design schools:
- 2nd for Undergraduate Industrial Design and 5th for Graduate program (DesignIntelligence 2010).
- 4th for Graduate Industrial Design (US News and World Reports Best Graduate Schools 2010).
- Pratt was ranked 2nd nationally by Global Language Monitor in a survey that measures "electronic buzz" about schools.
University of Cincinnati
- UC’s industrial design program is the nation’s No. 2 (undergraduate) and No. 3 (graduate) according to the DesignIntelligence survey report (2008).
- All programs in the School of Design are accredited by the National Association of Schools of Art and Design.
- Syracuse University’s College of Visual and Performing Arts (VPA) undergraduate program in industrial and interaction design was ranked No. 14 for industrial design programs (2010 DesignIntelligence report “America’s Best Architecture & Design Schools”).
University of Notre Dame
- The industrial design program is placed among the top 5 international programs, in terms of awards won in the last five years, according to rankings published in BusinessWeek magazine.
Savannah College of Art and Design
- SCAD’s industrial design undergraduate and graduate programs both ranked among the very best by DesignIntelligence (2010 edition). The undergraduate program was placed 7th, and the graduate program was ranked 11th. In DesignIntelligence’s skills assessment survey of design firms, SCAD’s industrial design programs ranked 4th for sustainable design practices and principles, 4th for communication, and 5th for computer applications.
DesignIntelligence Top 3 Undergraduate industrial design programs:
1 Art Center College of Design
2 University of Cincinnati
3 Ohio State University
* Next: Top Schools for Interior Design
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.