Following are some of the top leading Fashion Design Colleges/Institutes:
California College of the Arts
- The Fashion Design Program is ranked No. 1 in the United States by the online college resource collegecrunch.org.
- The College is accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges), NASAD (National Association of Schools of Art and Design), NAAB (National Architectural Accrediting Board), and FIDER (Foundation for Interior Design Education and Research).
Philadelphia's Moore College of Art and Design
- It offers Undergraduate Majors in Fashion Design, Graphic Design, Illustration, etc.
- It is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE), NASAD, Pennsylvania State Council of Education (PSCE) and the Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA formerly known as FIDER).
The Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising
- The college is accredited by WASC. The Associate of Arts Degree Program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges. The Bachelor of Science in Business Management (BSBM) Program is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities. FIDM's art and design programs are accredited by NASAD.
- Founded in 1884, Woodbury University is one of the oldest institutions of higher education in Southern California.
- It offers a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree program with a major in Fashion Design.
- The School of Media, Culture and Design was granted full accreditation by NASAD in Fall of 2008.
- Pratt's Graphic Design and Fashion Design Programs were ranked among the top 10 in the country by College Crunch.
- Students can combine their studies in the fashion field with courses such as jewelry design, printmaking, and photography.
- It offers the Bachelor of Fine Arts in Fashion Design. Electives in special fields of design are offered, such as children’s wear, menswear, knitwear, wearable art, accessories, millinery, theatrical costume design, fashion editorial/magazine publishing, and advanced pattern making and draping.
* Suggested Reading:
Top Beauty Schools
Top Schools for Ceramics & Jewelry
Top Fashion Merchandising Schools