Some of the top schools for Actuarial Science courses and programs:
The University of Iowa (USA)
- Iowa has one of the oldest and most prestigious actuarial science programs in the nation. It is highly regarded as the best actuarial science program in the nation on the basis of students’ success on the professional exams required to enter the field, the program’s internationally known faculty, and the nearly 100 percent placement rate for graduates.
- The Society of Actuaries has recognized University of Iowa’s actuarial science program as a Center of Actuarial Excellence (CAE).
Purdue University (USA)
- The Purdue Actuarial Science Program is an interdisciplinary program offered jointly by the Department of Mathematics and Department of Statistics.
- The program offers a major in Actuarial Science that prepares candidates for actuarial career as well as providing background for exams set by the Society of Actuaries and the Casualty Actuarial Society.
City University - Cass Business School (UK)
- The Faculty of Actuarial Science and Insurance is one of the largest academic actuarial departments in the world, with highly respected degree courses and research.
- The Faculty of Actuarial Science and Insurance had a long lasting experience in conducting applied actuarial research funded by Government Actuary's Department, etc.
UNSW Australian School of Business (Australia)
- UNSW Actuarial Studies is a founding university member of the Enterprise Risk Management Institute International.
- The UNSW Actuarial Studies program is recognised by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries for exemptions from their examinations.
- Actuarial Studies is offered as a major or double major in the actuarial disciplinary stream in the Bachelor of Commerce at UNSW.
- Graduates from the Australian School of Business command Australia’s highest starting salaries in key business disciplines, according to the influential Good Universities Guide.
* Suggested Reading:
Distance Learning Mathematics Degree
Top Statistics Schools & Programs
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.