Ranking Profile for Ivy League Schools of Engineering:
Cornell University College of Engineering
- U.S. News and World Report has placed Cornell first in engineering science and engineering physics in its 2005 ranking of engineering programs at universities in the United States.
- Ranked 17th globally in Engineering/Technology and Computer Sciences (Academic Ranking of World Universities 2010).
Princeton University School of Engineering and Applied Science
- Princeton is ranked No. 1 for aeronautical and aerospace engineering in the Faculty Scholarly Productivity Index (produced by Academic Analytics).
Harvard School of Engineering and Applied Sciences
- Harvard's graduate engineering programs is ranked 18th (tied with Princeton University and University of California, Santa Barbara) in the U.S. News and World Report's Best Engineering Schools (ranked in 2009).
Columbia University's Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science (SEAS)
- The School offers programs to both undergraduate and graduate students who undertake a course of study leading to the bachelor's, master's, or doctoral degree in engineering and applied science.
- Rated 21st nationally in the US News Graduate Engineering Rankings 2010.
- The Division of Engineering has an array of degree options, offering ABET accredited undergraduate Bachelor of Science degrees in Biomedical, Civil, Chemical, Computer, Mechanical, Electrical and Materials Engineering.
- The undergraduate engineering program at Brown University is the oldest in the Ivy League and the third oldest civilian engineering program in the country.
- Ranked among the world's top 100 institutions for Engineering & IT (QS World University Rankings™ 2009).
Thayer School of Engineering (Dartmouth College)
- Thayer School is one of the country's oldest professional schools of engineering.
- It was ranked 54th by U.S. News & World Report among American engineering schools (2010).
Yale School Of Engineering & Applied Science
- Yale received the top ranking in engineering, chemistry and law in Science Watch, a publication that measures the citation impact of published research in major fields of science and the social sciences among the top 100 federally funded universities in the country.
University of Pennsylvania
- The School’s Department of Bioengineering receives a top ten ranking at both undergraduate and graduate level from U.S. News and World Report.
- 7th in the US News ranking of Best Biological Engineering Schools 2009.
* Suggested Reading:
Top 10 Engineering Schools
Top Engineering Universities (US)
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.