List of top universities in Tanzania, United Republic of:
University of Dar Es Salaam
- It is the oldest and biggest public university in Tanzania.
- It is ranked No. 1 in the country according to the Webometrics Ranking of Universities of Tanzania, United Republic of. According to the July 2009 ranking results, UDSM was 25th position in Africa. In January 2010 the position of UDSM was 24th best University in Africa.
- In another well known ranking system based on ‘Popularity of a University’ (4icu), UDSM was ranked 10th amongst 100 popular universities in Africa (January 2010).
Sokoine University of Agriculture
- It offers a wide range of degree and non-degree programmes at undergraduate and graduate level in the disciplines of Veterinary Medicine; Range Management, etc.
- It is ranked 2nd in Tanzania (4icu.org world university ranking 2010).
- The University is amongst the fully registered institutions with the Tanzania Commission for Universities. It has been chartered in accordance with the University Act, 2005.
- The University is a full member of the following institutions: Inter University Council for East Africa (IUCEA); Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU); Association of African Universities (AAU); etc.
St.Augustine University of Tanzania (SAUT)
- It is a secular and private institution for higher learning owned and managed by the Catholic Church.
- The University collaborates with other top leading universities in Europe and America in areas of Research, Exchange Programmes,Teaching, Quality Assurance and Management.
The Hubert Kairuki Memorial University (HKMU)
- It is an accredited University, recognized in the United Republic of Tanzania, through the Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- It is a member of various associations including the Tanzania Association of Private Universities (TAPU); Founding Member and first Chair; Forum of Universities and Colleges of Health Sciences in Tanzania (FUCHS-T); Member, The Inter University Council of East Africa (IUCEA); and Member, the International Association of Universities (IAU).
- HKMU is also recognized by World Health Organization (WHO), and appears on the International Medical Education Directory (IMED).
* Suggested Reading:
Medical Schools in Tanzania
Top Universities in Uganda