Following are the top leading universities in Zimbabwe:
University of Zimbabwe
- The University offers a wide range of programmes at the degree, diploma and certificate levels. Courses are offered on a full-time or part-time basis depending upon the programme.
- Ranked 1st in the country according to the Webometrics ranking of Top Colleges and Best Universities of Zimbabwe.
- It is the first private, international university in Zimbabwe, offering Bachelor's and Master's degrees in various programs.
- The official language at the university is English, which is also the official language of Zimbabwe.
National University of Science and Technology (NUST)
- It is a progressive university established by an Act of the Zimbabwe Parliament in 1991.
- The University is internationally renowned for research and education, offering a wide variety of degree programs for undergraduate and post graduate students.
- It was first opened on October 4, 1994, the first private institution of higher education in the country.
- It is owned and run by the Seventh-day Adventist Church.
- The Faculty of Business first began to offer graduate education in business in 1994. It offers a number of degree programs including the Bachelor of Business Administration, Master of Science in Administration and Master of Business Administration degrees. The school is a member of the Zimbabwe Association of Accounting Technicians.
* Next: List of Universities in South Africa
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.