Following are the top leading medical schools in South Africa:
University of Cape Town Faculty of Health Sciences
- The Faculty of Health Sciences at UCT has the oldest medical school in Southern Africa. It offers undergraduate and postgraduate courses/programs over a wide range of healthcare-related disciplines.
- The Department of Medicine of the University of Cape Town is a large academic and clinical department which plays a leading role in medical education and research.
University of Limpopo Faculty of Health Sciences
- The University of Limpopo is the result of a merger between the former Medical University of Southern Africa and the University of the North.
- The School of Medicine in the Faculty of Health Sciences has fully accredited departments by the Health Professions Council of South Africa (HPCSA).
University of Pretoria Faculty of Health Sciences
- The Faculty of Health Sciences is recognized nationally and internationally as a top institution in terms of its education of health professionals, its research and its clinical service.
- The School of Medicine at the University of Pretoria was formed from the previous Faculty of Medicine that was established in 1943. It offers training for the following degrees: MBChB; MMed; MPharm Med; MPhil (Philosophy & Ethics of Mental Health); MMilMed; MPH; MEIC; MD; PhD; BSc (Hons); MSc; Postgraduate diploma in Family Medicine.
- The Faculty of Health Sciences is characterized by excellent academic training programmes. It provides a variety of health disciplines not only in the Western Cape but also in the rest of South and Southern Africa.
- The Faculty of Health Sciences of Stellenbosch University is recognized as an indispensable leader in the field of health sciences in Africa and for the contribution it makes internationally.
University of the Free State Faculty of Health Sciences
- The University of the Free State is one of South Africa's oldest universities.
- The Faculty of Health Sciences provides established undergraduate and postgraduate education programmes in the Schools of Allied Health Professions, Medicine and Nursing.
University of the Witwatersrand Faculty of Health Sciences
- The Faculty of Health Sciences offers professional undergraduate degrees in Medicine, Dentistry, Nursing, Pharmacy, Physiotherapy and Occupational Therapy.
- The Faculty has highest reputation in South Africa for scholarship in health sciences teaching, research and clinical service.
* Suggested Reading:
List of Universities in South Africa
Top Business Schools in South Africa