Following are the best medical schools in Ireland:
University College Dublin (UCD) School of Medicine & Medical Science
- It is Ireland’s largest medical school, offering undergraduate degree programmes in Medicine (direct entry and graduate entry), Physiology, Radiography and Biomedical Health & Life Sciences.
- The School's Medicine programmes are accredited by the Irish Medical Council and the Diagnostic Imaging programmes are accredited by the Irish Institute of Radiography and Radiation Therapy.
- University College Dublin is ranked 94th globally and 26th in Europe in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2010-2011.
Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland (RCSI)
- The College was granted a Charter on 11th February 1784. This Charter gave the College the power to control the practice of surgery and to make provision for surgical education.
Trinity College Dublin Medical School
- It has a proud tradition of scholarship and was a world-leading centre in academic medicine.
- Trinity College School of Medicine is an international leader in postgraduate education, offering taught MSc/Diploma programmes spanning a broad spectrum of medical and scientific disciplines, and research students work towards the degrees of PhD, MSc, MD or MCh.
- Trinity College Dublin is ranked 52nd in the QS World University Rankings 2010.
University College Cork
- The School of Medicine has an active research program and has a focus on the themes of Cancer; Food and Health; Gerontology; Health Services, Health Policy and Population Health; Infectious Diseases; Mental Health and Pain; Neuroscience; and Vascular Health, Diabetes Stem Cell Biology.
- It offers a bachelor degree program for school leavers and many opportunities for postgraduate study, research and higher degree programs.
- University College Cork is ranked 184th among the world's best institutions in the QS World University Rankings 2010.
National University of Ireland, Galway
- Students completing the School's primary undergraduate programme in Medicine are conferred with the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine, Bachelor of Surgery and Bachelor of Obstetrics (M.B., B.Ch., B.A.O.).
- Postgraduate programmes offered include the Doctor of Medicine M.D., the Master of Surgery M.Ch., the Master of Medical Science, the Master of Obstetrics M.A.O., the Master of Medical Science in Medicine/Physiotherapy and the Masters of Medical Science in Sport and Exercise Medicine/Physiotherapy.
* Suggested Reading:
Top Universities in Ireland
Top Medical Colleges in England