List of top medical schools in Singapore:
Duke-NUS Graduate Medical School Singapore
- Duke University (USA) and the National University of Singapore (NUS) signed a formal agreement in April 2005 under which the two institutions would partner to establish a new medical school in Singapore. The Duke University School of Medicine is one of the best medical schools in the United States and the world. It has been ranked among the top 10 American medical schools in National Institutes of Health grant funding.
- Students who successfully complete the course of study and fulfill all requirements will be awarded a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree from NUS and Duke University.
Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine
- The NUS Yong Loo Lin School of Medicine was established in 1905 as the first institution of higher learning in Singapore. The School offers one of the finest undergraduate medical programmes in the Asia Pacific region.
- The undergraduate medical programme offered is a five-year course leading to the degrees of Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (M.B.,B.S.).
SGH Postgraduate Medical Institute
- The Postgraduate Medical Institute of the Singapore General Hospital (SGH-PGMI) is committed to the continuing education and training of healthcare professionals.
- The Institute offers CME and CPD programmes year round, ranging from clinical skills training, general practitioner education to healthcare management development.
Academy of Medicine, Singapore
- The Academy of Medicine, Singapore is a professional institution of medical and dental specialists, founded in 1957.
- The vision of the Academy is to be the leading institution for postgraduate medical education in the region.
- The Academy conducts regular continuing professional development (CPD) activities in the form of lectures and symposia as well as conferences.
* Suggested Reading:
Top Universities in Singapore
Top Law Schools in Singapore
Top Engineering Colleges in Singapore
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.