Following are the top leading medical schools in Saudi Arabia:
King Faisal University, College of Medicine
- The College pioneered postgraduate medical education in the Kingdom. Its postgraduate programmes were first to be recognized by the Arab Board for Medical Specialties and the Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland.
- King Faisal University is ranked 683rd in the 4icu.org world university rankings 2010.
King Saud University, College of Medicine
- The College of Medicine in King Saud University was established as the first medical college in the Kingdom in 1967.
- Many graduates have gone on to pursue postgraduate and fellowship training all over the world and have proven their excellence in all international programs with excellent pass rates in board exams and fellowships.
- It is ranked 97th in the world in the Times QS ranking of world universities in the field of Medical and Biological Sciences in the year 2009.
King Abdulaziz University (KAU)
- The Faculty of Applied Medical Science was established in Shaaban, 1424 H through the guidance of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques to include programs of medical sciences from Faculty of Medicine and Allied Sciences.
- King Abdulaziz University is ranked among the world's top 450 universities in the QS World University Rankings 2010.
* Next: Top Universities in Saudi Arabia
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.