List of top medical schools in Uganda:
Makerere University School of Medicine
- It is the school of medicine of Makerere University, Uganda's oldest university.
- The School of Medicine is made up of the following units/departments: Department of Internal Medicine; Department of Surgery; Department of Obstetrics and Gynecology; Department of Pediatrics and Child Health; Department of Radiology and Radiotherapy; Department of Psychiatry; Department of Family Medicine; Department of Anesthesia; Department of Ear, Nose and Throat (E.N.T); Department of Medical Illustration; Department of Ophthalmology; Department of Orthopedics; Clinical Epidemiology Unit; Reproductive Health Unit; Medical Research Center; Infectious Disease Institute; Department of Family Medicine.
Mbarara University of Science & Technology (MUST) Faculty of Medicine
- The University offers Undergraduate, Postgraduate programs and Diploma based courses, in Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy and Laboratory Sciences.
- The university is recognized by National Council for Higher Education in Uganda.
Gulu University Faculty of Medicine
- The main academic programme at the faculty has been the Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery (MBChB).
- The faculty has entered into various research and academic partnerships with leading institutions in and outside Uganda.
* Suggested Reading: Top Universities in Uganda
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.