Following are the top leading schools for biomedical sciences:
University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS)
- The doctoral programs in The University of Texas Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences (GSBS) at Houston is ranked among the best in the nation by the National Research Council (2010). The Interdisciplinary Biomedical Sciences Program was ranked highly (range of 7 to 24), right next to those from the University of Washington, Stanford and Johns Hopkins.
University of Connecticut Health Center (UCHC)
- The Biomedical Science Ph.D. program at UCHC was ranked as a "Program of National Distinction" by the Provost's Committee for Excellence in Graduate and Professional Programs.
- The general GRE exam (includes the Verbal, Quantitative and Analytic sections) is required for admission for the Ph.D. in Biomedical Science degree.
University of Georgia (UGA)
- A ranking by Diverse Issues in Higher Education of the number of minority students receiving baccalaureate degrees in the biological and biomedical sciences rated UGA 23rd for African Americans and 34th for Asian Americans.
- The Masters of Science in Veterinary and Biomedical Sciences degree is designed to emphasize interdisciplinary approaches in biomedical research. It can be completed in two to three years.
University of California, San Francisco
- The biomedical sciences (BMS) program is ranked among the nation’s best in a survey released by the National Research Council (NRC) in 2010.
- Students enrolled in the BMS Graduate Program will earn a PhD degree in Biomedical Sciences. The unique curriculum of the BMS program is designed to provide students with a wide range of opportunities for their development as biomedical researchers.
* Suggested Reading:
Top Biosciences Programs
Top Bioinformatics Schools
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.