Following are some of the leading medical schools in Mexico:
Universidad Autonoma de Guadalajara (UAG) School of Medicine
- The School of Medicine created the first Medical Brigade to bring medical care to rural and suburban areas in the State of Jalisco.
- Students are supervised and evaluated daily on a quantitative and qualitative basis according to a based-Certification Process of Four levels on clinical skills, physical examination, communication, and writing of the clinical history.
- Founded in 1935, UAG is the oldest and largest private university in Mexico. It is accredited by the Mexican Federal Secretary of Public Education (SEP).
Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
- The National Autonomous University of Mexico (UNAM) was founded in 1551 under the name Royal and Pontifical University of Mexico. It is the biggest and most important university in Mexico and Ibero-America.
- UNAM is ranked 261st globally for Life Sciences and Medicine in the QS World University Rankings 2010.
Universidad Autónoma de Nuevo León (UANL)
- It is the most important public university with the largest academic offer in the northeast part of the country. In 2009, it was ranked by the national newspaper “El Universal”, as the fifth best Mexican University.
- The UANL is one of the oldest universities in Mexico, beginning in 1824 as a law school and establishing both the Academy and the Medicine School in 1859.
- All the undergraduate programs accredited by the National Council of Educative Evaluation (CIEES).
* Next: Top Universities in Mexico
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.