Below are the top colleges and universities for orthopedic surgeons:
Rush University Medical Center in Chicago
- Orthopedic surgeons at Rush performed the world's first minimally invasive hip surgery and pioneered many advances in hip and knee implants. The orthopedics program has specialists devoted to diagnosing and treating virtually any problem of the bones, joints, cartilage and ligaments.
- It is ranked among the very best orthopedic programs in the country by U.S.News & World Report.
University of California, San Diego
- UC San Diego Medical Center is recognized among the nation's best in five categories: Diabetes, Geriatrics, Orthopedics, Psychiatry and Pulmonology, in the 2010 – 2011 issue of “Best Hospitals” by US News & World Report. The UCSD Department of Orthopedic Surgery was ranked 45th in the nation.
- The department has expertise in the following areas: Cartilage Restoration & Transplantation; Hand & Upper Extremity Surgery; Foot & Ankle Surgery; Orthopedic Oncology; Orthopaedic Trauma; Joint Replacement & Arthritis Surgery; Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation; Spine Surgery; Sports Medicine.
University of Washington
- The University of Washington Department of Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is actively involved in quality patient care, teaching and research. It also provides education at the graduate, residency, and post-residency levels.
- The Clinical Program of UW Orthopedics and Sports Medicine is one of the top 2 programs ranked Orthopedics Department in the western half of the nation according to US News and World Report.
- Columbia University Department of Orthopedic Surgery is part of Columbia University Medical Center, NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital. NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital was the only hospital in New York to be named to the 2008 Honor Roll of Hospitals by US News and World Report. The program in orthopedic surgery was ranked 5th in the nation.
* Suggested Reading:
Best Dental Surgery Programs
Top Osteopathic Medical Schools
Universities offering Masters in Orthodontics