Following are the top medical schools for Nuclear Medicine program:
The University of Tennessee Medical Center
- The School of Nuclear Medicine Technology offers a 12-month certificate program to prepare candidates for certification as Nuclear Medicine Technologists.
- The program is professionally accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Educational Programs in Nuclear Medicine Technology (JRC-NMT), which is nationally recognized by the United States Department of Education (USDE) and the Council for Higher Education Accreditation (CHEA) as the sole agency authorized to accredit professional educational programs in nuclear medicine technology.
The University of Iowa
- Iowa’s renowned health sciences campus offers the highly competitive Nuclear Medicine Technology (NMT) Program.
- Students can access to the world-class teachers, researchers, and facilities of the Roy J. and Lucille A. Carver College of Medicine and University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics (UIHC), one of the largest public university teaching hospitals in teh country.
- Iowa's NMT program has an outstanding record of job placement. The program is fully accredited by the JRC-NMT.
Old Dominion University
- The Nuclear Medicine Technology (NMED) program is a nationally accredited program which will lead to a Bachelors of Science degree in Nuclear Medicine Technology (BSNMT).
- The Program is accredited by the JRC-NMT. Old Dominion NMED graduates work as Staff and Chief Technologists and also work in Positron Emission Tomography, Small Field Imaging Research, Health Physics, etc.
University of Kansas Medical Center
- The University of Kansas certificate program in Nuclear Medicine Technology is a 12-month program accredited by the JRC-NMT.
- Graduates are eligible to take the national registry examinations given by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists and the Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board.
* Suggested Reading:
Top Oncology Schools and Programs
Top Neurology Schools and Programs
Nuclear Engineering Ranking (US News)
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.