Established in 1947, California State University, Los Angeles (Cal State L.A., CSULA, or CSLA) is a leading public university located in Los Angeles, California (USA). It is part of the California State University system.
The university has six Academic Departments:
- College of Arts and Letters
- College of Business and Economics
- Charter College of Education
- College of Engineering, Computer Science, and Technology
- College of Health and Human Services
- College of Natural and Social Sciences
The university is fully accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC).
- Placed in Tier 4 among the Master's Universities in the west (U.S. News & World Report America’s Best Colleges 2010).
- The School of Business and Economics at the university is recognized as one of only two schools in the Los Angeles region to be ranked among the 100 best undergraduate business schools in the nation by U.S. News and World Report. It is among only six schools in the State of California and one of only two California State University campuses to be so recognized.
- Listed #29 in Diverse: Issues in Higher Education's Top 100 list of colleges and universities that conferred the most bachelor's degrees to minority students in 2007-2008, based on data from the U.S. Department of Education. It is also ranked #1 nationally in awarding bachelor's degrees in public administration and social service to Hispanic students, and rated top in awarding bachelor's degrees in public administration and social service to Asian American and minority students. In addition it is placed among the top ten in awarding bachelor's degrees in education to Asian American, Hispanic, and minority students.
- The MBA program is ranked as one of Los Angeles’ best graduate business programs based on current full-time equivalent student enrollment by The Los Angeles Business Journal (LABJ) (May 2004 issue).
* Next: Cal Poly Pomona Ranking Profile