The following institutions are widely recognized as amongst the most popular universities:
Brigham Young University (US)
- BYU has been named the most popular university in America by U.S. News & World Report. The rankings are based on a measurement called yield, which is the percentage of accepted students who go on to enroll. BYU topped the rest of the schools with a 78 percent yield, followed by Harvard at 76 percent and Stanford at 71 percent.
Yeshiva University (US)
- U.S. News & World Report ranks Yeshiva University sixth among the most popular national universities. The article uses yield (the percentage of applicants accepted by a college who end up enrolling at that institution in the fall) as an indication of the school's popularity among students (2010).
University of Nottingham (UK)
- Nottingham is one of the UK's most popular universities among the candidates for admission to undergraduate courses, as measured by the number of applicants per place.
- It was awarded “UK University of the Year” by The Times Higher Awards 2006. Nottingham is consistently ranked highly in the league tables for Higher Education Institutions, published by The Guardian, The Times and The Sunday Times.
Buckinghamshire New University (UK)
- Bucks is in top ten most popular universities. The University has experienced one of the highest percentage increases in applications to UK universities, according to statistics released by the Universities & Colleges Admissions Service (UCAS) (2010). The University saw a 54 per cent increase in applications for full-time undergraduate courses, putting it in the top ten universities for percentage increases in applications.
London Metropolitan University (UK)
- In 2005/06, London Met was ranked third most popular university in United Kingdom for international students.
- It is a fully recognised state university in the UK, recognised by the Privy Council and the Higher Education Funding Council for England.
Kingston University London (UK)
- In 2007, Kingston was one of the top 10 most popular UK universities for undergraduate applications (source: UCAS).
- The Guardian ranked Kingston as the number one among the new universities in London (2006).
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.