Following are some of the best medical schools in Turkey:
Ankara University, Faculty of Medicine (AUFM)
- AUFM ranks one of the best qualified centers in Turkey concerning both patient care and research activities because of its bed capacity in line with the provision and implementation of high technology and latest advances in medicine.
- Ankara University is the first higher education institute of the Republic, it has highly qualified academic staff and students.
Ataturk University, Faculty of Medicine
- The Faculty of Medicine was founded in 1962 and is one of the oldest faculties of the university.
- The medical center of the university within the Faculty of Medicine is the regional hub of comprehensive health care for the citizens of Turkey's eastern region.
Ege University, Faculty of Medicine
- The Faculty of Medicine, founded in 1955, is one of the first two faculties of the university.
- Students who are proficient in English are allowed to start their medical education if they succeed in an exam measuring their competence of the language.
- The degree of Medical Doctor is awarded upon successful completion of all required exams and practicals in the curriculum.
Erciyes University, Faculty of Medicine
- The Faculty of Medicine was founded as “Kayseri Gevher Nesibe Faculty of Medicine” as an affiliation of Hacettepe University in 1968.
- The educational period in the Faculty of Medicine is 7 years, including an English Language Preparatory year.
Inonu University Faculty of Medicine
- Inonu University is one of the biggest university of eastern part of Turkey.
- Education in the Faculty comprises of the below levels: The prep, Term I, Term II, Term III, Term IV, Term V, Term VI (internship).
Istanbul University, Cerrahpasa Faculty of Medicine
- The Faculty trains its students to be abreast with the latest developments in the world of medicine, and the scientific research undertaken by its academic staff has a worldwide reputation.
- Medical programmes are of a 12-term duration and education takes place in three phases.
* Suggested Reading:
Medical Schools in Bulgaria
Top Universities in Turkey