Following are the top leading osteopathic medical schools:
Michigan State University
- The Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine (MSUCOM) was founded in 1969 under a legislative mandate to produce primary care physicians for the state of Michigan.
- MSUCOM has been ranked as the best osteopathic college in the nation for primary care education by U.S. News & World Report for seven years running and is ranked 5th among all 146 medical schools in the nation (M.D. and D.O.) for primary care education.
UMDNJ-SOM (University of Medicine and Dentistry, New Jersey School of Osteopathic Medicine)
- UMDNJ-SOM has one of the largest Graduate Medical Education Programs of all U.S. Osteopathic Medical Schools.
- UMDNJ-SOM OPTI (Osteopathic Postdoctoral Training Institution) Internship, Residency, and Fellowship programs are accredited by the Committee on Postdoctoral Training of the American Osteopathic Association and fulfill the residency/fellowship requirements of all specialty boards of certification.
West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine (WVSOM)
- The West Virginia School of Osteopathic Medicine offers outstanding medical education to aspiring students.
- The School has been ranked by U.S.News & World Report magazine in its "Top Graduate Schools" issue every year since 1998.
University of New England
- The University's College of Osteopathic Medicine (COM) was recognized as 6th best in the nation for its leadership in primary care training, as well as its rural medicine and geriatrics programs, both earning top 20 honors (US News & World Report Best Graduate Schools 2011).
- The UNE College of Osteopathic Medicine is fully accredited by the American Osteopathic Association's Commission on Osteopathic College Accreditation (AOA COCA).
* Suggested Reading:
Accelerated Medical Programs
Top Oncology Schools & Programs
Top Neurology Schools & Programs
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.