Following are the top business schools in Scotland:
Edinburgh Business School
- This is the Graduate School of Business of Heriot-Watt University, Scotland.
- The MBA was listed as the 2nd largest in the world by the Financial Times survey of 42 top distance learning and online MBA (March 2009).
- It also offers MBA, MSc and DBA programmes by distance learning, study on campus in Edinburgh or with one of its approved learning partners.
- Over 40% of Fortune 500 companies have students on the MBA programme.
University of Edinburgh Business School
- This is the business school of the University of Edinburgh (Scotland).
- It has received accreditation from EQUIS and the Association of MBAs (AMBA).
- The Business School is a partner institution of the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA©) Institute.
- Ranked 11th in the UK, 22nd in Europe and 55th in the world according to the Economist Intelligence Unit's Full Time MBA Ranking 2009.
RGU: Aberdeen Business School
- It was the first new university in Scotland to gain AMBA accreditation for all its MBA Programmes.
- The online e-MBA programme is included in the list of Top 40 Distance Learning MBAs in 2008 FT ranking.
- RGU is ranked 1st in Scotland, and jointly 3rd in the UK alongside Cambridge, for career prospects (Guardian 2010).
University of Strathclyde
- Strathclyde Business School offered the first DBA (Doctor of Business Administration) in the country and introduced new methods of study for the MBA, being awarded the Queen's Award for Export Achievement for the open learning programme.
- It has achieved the Funding Council's excellent and commendable ratings for the quality of its teaching.
- The MBA is placed among the Top 20 in the UK and Top 70 in the world by the Economist Intelligence Unit 2007.
University of Glasgow Business School
- The MBA programme is also fully accredited by the Association of MBAs (AMBA) and is recognised by the UK Cabinet Office as an approved MBA for the civil service.
- The School received international accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
Caledonian Business School (CBS) - Glasgow Caledonian University
- CBS is a member of The European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB International).
- It has been named a CISI (Chartered Institute for Securities & Investment) Centre of Excellence.
Edinburgh Napier University
- The Business School isone of the largest and most modern Business Schools in Scotland.
- It has attained Institute of Hospitality Accreditation for its programmes.
- Rated as Scotland's No. 1 University for graduate employability by the Higher Education Statistics Agency (HESA) (2008).
University of the West of Scotland Business School
- UWS Business School offers high quality education, training, research and consultancy.
- The MSc Human Resource Management has been designed to meet the requirements of the CIPD Professional Development Scheme.
- The Executive MBA is a two-year, part-time, open learning programme for experienced managers.
University of St. Andrews - School of Management
- The School of Management and the University of St Andrews have been listed as the Best in Scotland in The Times Good University Guide 2010 and The Guardian University Guide 2010.
* Suggested Reading: Best Business Schools in UK
World of University Ranking and League Table
In UK there are some university league tables published every year by The Times, The Independent, The Daily Telegraph, The Sunday Times and The Guardian. In Australia the Good Universities Guide rating is a very useful handbook for anyone choosing a tertiary institution. For more information please see University Ranking by Country.